Friday, January 30, 2009

Keep Your Money Friday!

How to Stretch a Dollar

I'm always striving to find ways to make my dollar go further. I must say its hard because there is always something I want to buy. I know that right now is the time we all need to be paying attention to our finances. Here is a list of things you can do to stretch your dollar:


Food

  • Use Coupons
  • Cook from scratch
  • Limit eating out
  • Plan meals in advance and around sale items
  • Save and eat leftovers
  • Shop with a list
  • Pack lunch
  • Buy store brands

Health

  • Get generic prescriptions
  • Ask your doctor for sample medications

Household

  • Learn to do simple repairs
  • Recycle newspapers
  • Use CFL Bulbs

Recreation and Entertainment

  • Rent movies instead of going to the theater
  • Visit public parks and free museums
  • Go to the public library

No comments:

 
blog design by Paperback Designs